Dignity... Justice... A Voice in the Workplace
These are the principles on which organized labour was founded. No single union has ever achieved these goals with more success and consistency than the International Brotherhood of Teamsters. Teamsters Local No. 31 is affiliated with the International Brotherhood of Teamsters, Teamsters Canada, and the Canadian Labour Congress.
Latest News Bulletins
- Organizing Canada Cartage
- 2017 Canadian Labour Congress - Pacific Region Winter School - Application Deadline November 10, 2016
- Watch the Video of the IBT Officer Candidates Forum
- IBT Election Notice
- 2016 Teamsters Women's Conference September 22 - 24, 2016 Hollywood, California chosen delegates
- IBT General President Candidates Forum Live on the Internet - August 25, 2016
- Local 31 President Stan Hennessy Re-Elected as International Vice-President, Teamsters Canada
- Teamster truck will be in the Burnaby Hats Off Day celebration, June 4, 2016
- New Westminster Sapperton Day Street Festival 2016
- Expression of Interest - 2016 International Brotherhood of Teamsters Women's Conference September 22 - 24, 2016
- James R. Hoffa Memorial Scholarship Student Essay Contest - Deadline June 15, 2016
- Teamsters Local 31 newsletter - 31NEWS Spring 2016 edition
- Support fellow union members on the Martin-Brower Blaze Sprint Team on
February 6th, 2016
- Cheer on fellow Local 31 members from Martin-Brower at the 2016 Harry Jerome Indoor Track Championships - Feb. 6, 2016
- The James R. Hoffa Memorial Scholarship Fund 2016-2017
- Local 31 seeks volunteers for 2016 Variety Club Telethon
- 2016 Canadian Labour Congress Pacific Region Winter School
- Teamsters Helping Teamsters
The Local Union welcomes 14 new members - owner operators at Canada Cartage - who ratified their first collective agreement by 100% in July, 2015. They join their Company drivers and dock workers at Canada Cartage who have been certified with Local 31 since 2011.
Summary of 2015 Scholarship Awards
November 2015 General Membership Notice of Meeting Change
Teamsters Increase Strength on the Ports of Metro Vancouver
Teamsters 31 Summer 2015 Newsletter
Photos from Burnaby Hats Off Day - June 6, 2015
Photos from Sapperton Days Street Festival June 14, 2015
Teamsters Local 31 certified to represent workers at USF Reddaway
Abbotsford School District 34 - Monthly Membership Meeting - Thursday, July 16, 2015 at 6:30 PM
The Teamsters History Project - A special request from the International Brotherhood
June 14 - Sapperton Day Street Festival, New Westminster, B.C.
June 6 Hats Off Day Parade, Burnaby, BC
Notice of Motion to Cancel Local 31 General Membership Meetings in June, July, and August 2015
2015 Student Essay Contest - James R. Hoffa Memorial Scholarship Fund
Notice regarding Election of Teamsters Canada President
2015 Teamsters Canada Election for President - A Notice from the Election Supervisor
Teamsters Canada Presidential Election - BALLOTS
Scholarship Information for the 2015 - 2016 School Year
SPECIAL ANNOUNCEMENT - 2015 SPECIAL CONVENTION OF TEAMSTERS CANADA
- Our members working at Real Canadian Superstore #1530 in Whitehorse, Yukon voted to accept a new contract which will expire in 2020.
- Our members at Black Ball/MV Coho ratified their new contract which is in effect until 2017.
- Our members at Island Pacific/West Decks voted to accept their new contract which will be in effect until 2017.
- On October 27, 2014 United Parcel Service opened a new depot in Courtenay which services the Comox Valley and Campbell River area.
- Teamsters Local 31 has been granted certification for 14 employees at FedEx Freight in Surrey as well as 18 owner-operators and drivers of owner-operators at Canada Cartage in Richmond. The Local Union will be sitting down with both companies to negotiate first collective agreements. Local 31 already represents company drivers and dock workers at Canada Cartage.
- The Local Union has reached a new revised collective agreement with Canada Cartage. Our membership voted 82% in favour of accepting the new contract.
- On October 6, 2014 United Parcel Service opened a new depot in Nanaimo, with a depot in Courtenay to follow.
Metro Vancouver Contract Ratified:
Teamsters Local 31 members at Metro Vancouver voted in May to accept the Memorandum of Agreement between Metro Vancouver and Teamsters Local 31 signed April 14, 2014. The Greater Vancouver Regional District Board (Metro Vancouver) has also ratified the agreement. Local 31 represents approximately 500 members throughout the Metro Vancouver area.
LOCAL 31 REACHES FIRST COLLECTIVE AGREEMENT WITH BUSTER'S TOWING
Local 31 has reached a first collective agreement with Buster's Towing. The three-year contract was negotiated by Secretary-Treasurer Richard Van Grol and Business Representative Larry Sargeant along with two rank-and-file bargaining unit members, and was ratified by 87% in February. The approximately 60 new members provide towing service for the City of Vancouver and were organized in the Spring of 2013.
(note: Acrobat Reader is required to view documents on Teamsters31.ca. It can be downloaded here
With a membership of 6500, Local 31 is one of four Teamster locals in the Province of British Columbia. Geographically, Local 31 also covers the Yukon Territory.
More about Local 31
Teamsters' National Benefits
The goal of the Teamsters' National Benefit Plan is to provide its members with the best possible health benefits which can be provided by the assets of the fund and the contributions paid to the fund by the employers.
More about benefits